Cookies for Kids’ Cancer was founded by two OXOnians (OXO employees) who were inspired by their son Liam’s battle with pediatric cancer, a disease which claims the lives of more children in the US than any other disease. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer provides inspiration and support to allow anyone to easily get involved in fundraising to find a cure for pediatric cancer.
OXOnians regard each other as family. The news of Liam’s diagnosis hit us hard and we have been personally involved with this worthy organization from the beginning. As we do every year, OXO will donate up to $100,000* to support Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
This year, in support of Cookies for Kids’ Cancer during Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month, we are inspired by Dorie Greenspan’s newest cookbook, Dorie’s Cookies. The cookie book delves into over 200 recipes from classics to brownies to savory cookies.
As part of this campaign, we are opening up a blogger outreach opportunity to give a selected group of bloggers the chance to receive a set of baking products and tools to make sweet treats from Dorie’s Cookies. There is a Cookie Sheet Set, a Muffin Pan Set and a Brownie Baking Dish Set. We will be providing two recipes to choose from that work for the baking set of your choice, as well as a signed copy of Dorie’s Cookies when it is released in October.
Here are the three baking sets for you to choose from and the corresponding recipes:
COOKIE SHEET SET
Non-Stick Pro Cookie Sheet
Baker’s Dusting Wand
Double Pastry Wheel
- Double-Buckwheat Double-Chocolate Cookies – A tender, nuttier tasting cookie made with kasha for a nice crunch.
- Almond Crescents – Made with ground almonds and flavored with vanilla, these crescents are perfect to whip up again around the holidays when they’re dusted with powdered sugar.
MUFFIN PAN SET
Non-Stick Pro 12 Cup Muffin Pan
Medium Cookie Scoop
Medium Silicone Spatula
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Dulce de Leche Filling – Soft, light cookies that have a spice cake-flavor and a sweet fluffy filling made of marshmallow and dulce de leche.
- Double-Ginger Molasses Cookies – Crystallized ginger, chopped dark chocolate and an optional bit of espresso make up these chewy molasses cookies.
BROWNIE BAKING DISH SET
Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish with Lid
Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish with Lid
- Salted Chocolate-Caramel Bars – A simple chocolate shortbread base with a smooth caramel layer, topped with toasted pecans.
- Mary’s Maine Bars – Combine molasses, cinnamon and cloves for these bars that taste like gingerbread and are great to make again for the holidays.
*We will also be including an Illuminating Digital Hand Mixer in each set if you did not receive one from a past blogger campaign.
- Choose which set you’d like to receive
- Create a blog post around the recipe and products you receive
- Include photos of the baking products, preferably in use
- Include campaign links (we’ll send you links to use in a follow up email)
If you are selected to participate in this campaign, we’ll be donating $100 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer for each blog post (up to our $100,000 commitment*.) The $100 donation is limited to one post per participating blogger. The blog post must follow campaign guidelines and be posted by September 21st to be eligible.
*This year, OXO will donate up to $100,000 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a recognized 501c(3) public charity duly incorporated under the laws of the state of New Jersey. 100% of proceeds raised by Cookies fund pediatric cancer research. Visit http://oxo.com/cookies-for-kids-cancer or cookiesforkidscancer.org for more information.
[ This opportunity is now closed]